Join Monday Window
Welcome to Monday Window –
A weekly recurring photography event featuring photos of windows
Join the fun of posting a weekly photo featuring windows and to connect with like-minded bloggers. This is an enjoyable way to get inspired and to share with other photographers.
Take your camera around your neighborhood, around your city, to places close and far and look for windows. You find windows on buildings, on houses, and don’t forget windows in unusual places. Take pictures, respectfully of course, and share them with the world each Monday. Share one or many, share new photos or old ones from your collection. Rework some of your images that might have a window, or more, as part of another subject. Hone your cropping and composition skills.
Take wonderful trips with photogrphers from around the world. See windows from many places all over the world.
Here is how it works:
- Sometime before each Monday pick one of your photos featuring windows and prepare a blog post for it.
- Set the photo (or one of them) as your Featured Image (if your theme allows that).
- Assign the tag “Monday Window” to the post so readers can follow you.
- Schedule your post to publish on Monday at 14:16 UTC. Must it be this precise time? Of course not; if you wish to chose another time that fine. We are trying to have fun here. But if we all, or most of us, post at the same time, imagine what the Reader listings look like!
- If you publicize it on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ use the hashtag #MondayWindow. Such posts are a really good idea to get folks to find your photos!
- After Monday bring up the posts in the WordPress Reader and see what your friends have shared. Be generous with “Likes” and comments.
Go to the Monday Window home site to sign up so your blog will be listed on the site. Include the Monday Window badge in your posts so viewers can find out more.
Register your blog with the contact form on this page, or you can do so on the Monday Window home site. Registering is not a requirement, you are welcome to participate without registering. Registering gets your blog listed on the Monday Window home page over in the sidebar. It may also get you an occasional email about “Monday Window”. Your email address will not be shared with third parties.
Show the Monday Window badge in your posts showing windows. Click the badge above to go to a page that explains the details about how to include the badge in your posts.